Hi my name is Ainsley and I love Being Grounded.
This is the space that makes me feel so authentic, balanced and true to me.
I am so passionate about health and well-being, and this has led me to this space, here, with you right now. I’m always striving for a healthy body, and a calm mind and a happy heart! I love all things natural health and fitness, and learning about the body.
My story to finding calm
Yoga for me is my happy place, it’s my sanctuary. I first started yoga in 2003 when I was living overseas in the United Kingdom between 2001 – 2009. I had a very stressful career in the recruitment industry, where I was a recruitment manager working 12 hour days in a very fast moving high pressure role. I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders; I was drained of energy, living on stress and adrenaline to get me through the days. I wasn’t really happy or having fun, in fact I felt defeated and I was miserable.
It was around this time that picked up a brochure about a new yoga studio not far from my home, I gave it a go and I loved it! I found that during yoga I was concentrating so intently on my breathing, listening to the instructions from the teacher, and focusing my whole body to be just there, on the mat. I learnt to listen to my body, and clear my mind of all the stress and worry, and breathe. I breathed in and out like never before. This was a real awakening for me, which opened my mind and ignited my passion for the health industry, and within only a few short months of regular yoga practice lead to a change of career. I was inspired to become a massage therapist and learn more about the body.
Kids yoga is a fun activity to strengthen both the body and mind, relieve stress, release emotions and improve focus and concentration!
- I am a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance and Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher with Yoga Australia. I have completed my training with My Health Yoga (Level 1 350hrs), and over 100 hours of kids yoga training with both Zenergy Yoga and Rainbow Yoga. I have completed mindfulness training with Mindful Schools.
- I am a qualified Sports Massage Therapist with diplomas in both Therapeutic Massage and Sports Massage from the UK. I have over 13 years experience and registered with ATMS. I have extensive experience with sports and remedial massage, manual lymphatic drainage, infant massage and massage for children.
- I hold a blue card and first aid certificate
- My years of experience as massage therapist has allowed me to strengthen my mindfulness abilities, my gifts of intuition and empathy, and my compassion for others.
Mindfulness can turn the noise down on your child’s busy mind and allow their thoughts to drift in a positive way!
- I am an energetic and active person; I am a keen swimmer, hiker, cyclist, as well as practicing yoga and Pilates. Before having children in 2012 and 2013 I was competing in triathlons for a bit of fun. If you’re a local you may have seen me running or walking along the waterfront in Brighton and Sandgate.
- I have two young children aged 6 and 4 years old, and we all do our very best to practice yoga and mindfulness together. Our family favourite activity is camping in nature.